"Golden living dreams of visions; Mystic crystal revelation And the mind's true liberation." Hair link
Brothers and sisters, put on your bell bottom jeans, leather peace necklace, Birkenstocks and let's travel back to those heavy days of hippies, Woodstock, Nehru collars and LSD fueled trips. I promise it will be groovy. Here is some music just to get you in the mood.
Piper's unusual thoughts on all sorts of things, just to get you warmed up.
Are you feeling it yet? You need to be in the mood to deal with what we are going to lay on you! We all know that John Piper does not dig:
- Muscular women because it leads to fast, volatile sex.
- Women who are police officers because they get *directive * with men and that is uncomfortable for males.
- Women as Vice President but voting for her could be the lesser of two EVILS.
- People who do not understand that each and every letter in a Scrabble game is of eternal significance.
- Those who do not believe that molestation was willed by God.
- Those who do not understand that Piper specifically knows why God causes tragedies to happen.
Whoa, this is getting to be a bummer. Time to chill.
I'm back in the groove again
Piper in the sky with diamonds and feminine feels
Now, our dear bro from England, home of the Beatles, DaveAA turned us onto Piper tripping on the whole dude/chick thing. Darrin Patrick, Doug Wilson, Crawford Loritts groove along with his mystic crystal revelations. DaveAA, man, cool. We all need to prepare ourselves to get into this far out groove. From More on thed Masculine Feel of Christianity (2012 Desiring God)
If it is done right, this masculine feel creates a space. It is big, it's roomy, it's beautiful, it's peaceful. It's just full and radiates with all the good things of life and in it women, flourishing, will give it that feel. So that as you walk in on Sunday morning and strong singing, led primarily by men, and then a voice from God is heard, and women are loving this, they're radiant, they're intelligent, they're understanding, they're processing, they're interacting. Then all the gifts that were just articulated will flourish in that space. And as you navigate that community there will be feminine feels all over the place.
- What are these feminine feels going on all over the place? We may be hip but we are not into orgies. There are safe feels and unsafe feels. I hope these are the safe kind.
- The masculine feel creates a space: beautiful, roomy, peaceful. Didn't Timothy Leary get down with this vision decades ago?
- So, dudes are the ones who are primarily in charge of the singing? What would Joni Mitchell, Mama Cass, and Linda Ronstadt think? Do dudes sing the Magnificat as well, just like in the Bible? Bummer, it was a female who sang that one.
- When the dudes are leading the singing, the chicks can flourish process, interact and become radiant. This is quite a trip. Is it legal?
Men can be feminine and women can be masculine.
Piper continues the revelation by saying that men can be feminine. Whoa, this is getting interesting. Do any of you have any idea what he's seeing?
One of the things I would have said is that in a community where there is a secure, strong, humble, masculine feel, men are free to be appropriately feminine. And women are free to be appropriately masculine. In other words, when you look at any given human being, the most attractive, interesting, winsome human beings are not all masculine or all feminine.
Watch to the end where John Piper talks about playing football when he was growing up 😉 Pay particular attention to Crawford Loritts' expression!
Thoughts from the Twitterverse
Here are some responses to the tweet I sent out with a quote from Piper in this post.
I leave you with two videos. One is a final, deeply theological assessment of Piper's comments. The other is Piper's entire video.
Oh yeah-Peace Out!
Entire video – John Piper's remarks come at the 5-1/2 minute mark