“If people are going to judge me without fully understanding the content of my character, then their opinion just isn’t worth it.” Jazz Jennings
Last week, a long-time reader suggested that I might try this out for times I am either stressed or when the news cycle has slowed. The news cycle is currently hopping, and I am not stressed, but I have thought about this all week and decided to give it a whirl. It may or may not work, and I am fine either way.
What not to talk about or say:
- Avoid politics unless the discussion centers around Christian nationalism, an important subject.
- Do not be offensive. No name calling.
- Try as hard as possible to be kind.
Some examples of topics as a reference, but these do not have to be discussed.
- Can one have a fulfilling Christian life outside the church?
- What are two things you wish they would not say in church?
- What is the one Bible verse that is most misused?
- Why are denominations necessary?
- If Jesus were to return and visit America, California, Florida, Illinois, etc., what might he protest?
- What are two things you disagree with in Calvinism?
- What are two things you disagree with in Arminianism?
- Could a diehard Calvinist and a diehard Arminian ever get married?
- Will Saddleback be readmitted to the SBC?
- What will happen with the Sex Abuse Task Force in the SBC?
- If sentient life is discovered on other planets, will they have experienced the Fall? If so, did Jesus’ sacrifice on Earth cover them as well?
This may or may not work. If it does, it will make a regular appearance. If not, well, it was worth a try.
Blessings to all!