Prayer of Ambrose of Milan, c 339-397 link
O Lord, who hast mercy upon all, take away from me my sins,
and mercifully kindle in me the fire of thy Holy Spirit.
Take away from me the heart of stone,
and give me a heart of flesh,
a heart to love and adore thee,
a heart to delight in thee,
to follow and to enjoy thee,
for Christ’s sake.
Prayer of 1 Clement c. 96 link
We ask you, Master, be our helper and defender. Rescue those of our number in distress;
raise up the fallen; assist the needy; heal the sick; turn back those of your people who stray;
feed the hungry; release our captives; revive the weak; encourage those who lose heart.
Let all the nations realize that you are the only God, that Jesus Christ is your Child,
and that we are your people and the sheep of your pasture.
The Lord’s Prayer link
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done;
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
the power and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Bendiction: The Aaronic Blessing (Numbers 6:24–26, NIV)
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
the Lord make His face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn His face toward you
and give you peace.
Glorious photo of the balloons and flowers . . . BEAUTIFUL !!!
THANK YOU for sharing it.
I like it as well.
– Paul had suffered as Jonah had (Jonah ended up desperate for shelter from sun). (Bonus: Gen 10: 11-12 mentions the 20 mile by 20 miles size of the extensively excavated Nineveh conurbation.)
– I wonder if John Mark was rather an intuitive, yet at that time slow to explain what he sensed.
– Could Paul not quite be cleansed of his guilt from being persecutor previously? Do superapostles flightily copy his wording to pin “desert” and guilt on the rest of us?
– the same superapostles who to this day sneer at their real predecessors? (They sneer at Jonah, and at believing Thomas too.)
– Did Paul at some later time move on when he had been advised not to, leading to exigencies working out how they did?
– Not discerning spiritual agreement means the exercise of the gifts isn’t effective, it doesn’t mean the Spirit departed unless they made an ingrained habit of it.
– That’s not real christian? I wasn’t / my dudebro wasn’t a real christian when I / he did that? God’s real teaching is the opposite. Many times carelessly quenching leads to grieving and many times carelessly grieving leads to blaspheming.
– Heartfelt thanks Dee for such an inspired and inspiring choice.
– And one that’s short ;-). And that’s not waffly!