“It takes a huge amount of culture to normalize "crazy", and of course that's its main focus” ― Stefan Molyneux link
The latest Furtick/Elevation Church stuff is all over the Internet. The twitterverse is going nuts. So, we break into our Thursday day of rest to keep you up to date!
(Note: Sorry about the left justification. We are trying to fix it.)
Never let it be said that your blog queens do not keep y'all up to date. On November 8, 2013, we presented an excellent post by Dr James Duncan on how Elevation Church and their "visionary" leader (we'll get to that in a minute), Chairman Furtick, manipulates baptisms. Now, it seems like the Charlotte media is catching up to us. Stuart Watson of NBC Charlotte presented Dr Duncan's research in the following video.
In case you are buying the evil media won't let Steven talk, think again. Stuart Watson begged him to do so.
Pastor Steven said I have been unfair and this report in particular would hurt Elevation Church members.
I asked Pastor Steven to consent to an unedited, on-camera interview.
I offered to let Elevation’s cameras record the interview. I offered to stream the interview in its entirety online. I offered to air a half-hour unedited interview on television. And WCNC held this report while waiting for Pastor Steven to respond.
But Chairman Furtick was too busy, probably indoctrinating the youth brigade into The Code (It's coming in a minute). The link to Vice Chairman Chunk's statement can be found at the end of this NBC post.
We have decided to decline these requests, for several reasons.
1. We simply do not have the time to devote to a seemingly endless number of interview and information requests—nor do we have an interest in always being in a position of responding to critics.
2. Based on the sources of much of Mr. Watson’s information and his past reporting on Elevation Church, we do not believe him and WCNC-TV to be objective in their reporting.
3. We are confident that those who attend Elevation Church know and understand our mission and vision for reaching people for Jesus Christ. As attendees, they are provided, through weekly teachings, biblical context for everything we do and practice, such as baptism, giving, serving and inviting friends to church.
4. Much of the information we have provided WCNC-TV in the past—such as how our pastor’s book sales are handled—has still not been accurately or fairly represented in on-air reporting, suggesting to us we have already wasted considerable time responding to requests for information.
I would imagine that he gets lots and lots of requests from lots and lots of critics……
Steven Furtick now has a show on TBN.
Does this really need any commentary?
The Grand Finale: The Code Indoctrination
This one is for our devoted reader, HUG. Break out those "Chairman" quotes.
First, here is a link to The Code that Elevators live by. Two of Dee's particular favorites are:
1. WE ACT IN AUDACIOUS FAITH
8. WE ARE RUTH’S CHRIS, NOT GOLDEN CORRAL (ed. This is NOT a joke)
Google "synonyms for audacious" and this is what comes up as the first hit.
showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks.
synonyms: bold, daring, fearless, intrepid, brave, courageous, valiant, heroic,plucky; daredevil, devil-may-care, reckless, *madcap; venturesome,mettlesome; informal gutsy, gutty, spunky, ballsy, skookum;
showing an impudent lack of respect.
synonyms: impudent, impertinent, insolent, presumptuous, cheeky, irreverent,discourteous, disrespectful, insubordinate, ill-mannered, unmannerly,rude, brazen, shameless, pert, defiant, cocky, bold (as brass); informal fresh, lippy, mouthy, saucy, sassy, nervy, ballsy;
Presenting that audacious Chairman Steven Furtick aka "The Visionary"
So, how do you make sure that little Elevators develop a "madcap" sort of faith? You invent a coloring book to teach them The Code. I want to thank Matthew Paul Turner for giving us permission to recreate an actual, colored upon page from that Ruth's Chris of coloring books, The Code.
It appears that Visionary Chairman Furtick is quite pleased with his representation in this coloring book. From Matthew Paul Turner's blog comes this totally audacious tweet.
I heartily recommend that you read Matthew Paul Turner's entire post since Dee is laughing so hard at the moment she can barely type.