From Harris’s Instagram
“True love isn’t expressed in passionately whispered words an intimate kiss or a embrace; before two people are married, love is expressed in self-control, patience, even words left unsaid.” ― Joshua Harris
- I believe this is the prelude to an inevitable divorce.
- Divorce stinks and hurts the children.
- The Harris’ chose to make this announcement in the public eye.
- Josh Harris is the face of the failed *Just follow these rules, be pure, and you will have a great marriage.”
- Don’t kiss until you get married was baloney.
- Better yet, don’t date. This was harmful.
- Joshua Harris made bank on his bogus rules and used all means to get his books sold.
- Joshua Harris was used by CJ Mahaney to push his own brand of control of Sovereign Grace Ministries.
- Joshua Harris was raised by a fundamentalist-Greg Harris.
- Joshua Harris eventually backed away from his *purity* deal, sending out this statement.
- The fact I repudiate his unbiblical theology and the profound effect it had on many does not mean I am rejoicing in his current situation.
- Just because I repudiate the *purity* theology does not mean I reject Biblical standards.(Can you believe there are people claiming this nonsense?)
- Harris deserves to be critiqued in the public since he sought the public eye and made money from his enterprise.
- The public deserves to know that his silly theology and rules didn’t even help him although he vowed his *rules* would make for wonderful marriages.
- This is the end of an era.That’s good.
- For those of you who want to revisit the past, here is a post I wrote looking at purity balls.
Here are a few posts about the matter.
- Pastor Joshua Harris, author of ‘I Kissed Dating Goodbye,’ separates from wife
- “Purity Culture” Advocate Joshua Harris Announces Separation from Spouse
- My Thoughts: Josh Harris (I Kissed Dating Good-bye) and His Wife, Shannon, Announce Marital Separation
- Joshua Harris’ Separation Announcement: Kissing Ordination Goodbye?
I look forward to hearing your thoughts.