I will try to update this as things progress. Please follow my Twitter if wanted. @wartwatch
My reports without attribution are coming from major news media which I’m watching in real-time.
- US Capitol breached as Trump supporters clash with police
- According to news reports, shots have been fired.
- Guns were drawn on the House floor.
- Mayor of DC calling for National Guard.
- Legislators wearing gas masks are now in hiding in an undisclosed location.
- One person has been shot. No further info.
The poor woman who died was a protestor and may have been shot by law enforcement but that is not clear at this time.
Congress plans to meet to finish the business of the day. I hope they do.
I abhor violence of any kind. I had hoped, going into 2021, things might improve. There is far too much hatred and mistrust on all sides. We are a deeply divided country and I don’t know how we can ever come together. While watching what was going on, I did something I never thought I would do. As I have often said, I have been both Republican and Democrat. Today, I became unaffiliated. My husband has done the same thing. That doesn’t mean I won’t vote or I won’t care. But I want to be one person who listens carefully to all sides and I won’t let my party affiliation stand in the way. We need to have more peacemakers whose love and caring overcomes the divide. May I be one among many.